Friday, May 18, 2007

Day 7

I have a serious CD problem. I can't seem to ever walk out of Newbury Comics without buying at least 2 or 3. When we moved in here, I put hundreds of CDs in the basement and didn't make any arrangements for shelving them upstairs. Then my iPod broke, and listening to tunes has been a pain. I'm limited to my 5gig iPod mini, my laptop, or a few CDs I have laying around the house.

I'm excited about these records. The last major Dead Prez release I hadn't already picked up, a newer Bad Religion album, an un-remixed (don't ask) Transplants album, and The Coup. So far, I've only had a listen to The Coup, which is really good. It's ultra-militant, black power hip-hop like Dead Prez, but very danceable. I should get a chance to listen to the rest in my rental car this weekend.

Which brings me to the reason I'm about to go to bed at 9:30 on a Friday night. I have to get up and catch a 6am flight tomorrow to go home to West Virginia. My grandmother's "boyfriend" of fifteen years, also an old family friend, died at home earlier this week. I'm going to be in WV for the viewing tomorrow and funeral on Sunday, then fly home Sunday night.

Usually when I go home, it's for fun reasons and I get to see my homeboy Chris and other friends. I don't know if I'll get the chance this time. I'll barely even be there for 24 hours, and those will be some fairly busy hours. If I don't get to see him, there's always next month. I'll be down in WV again for a few days in happier circumstances then.
 
\