Sunday, May 20, 2007

Day 9?

I will post day 8 when I get to a computer.

5/21 update:
Things are getting a wee bit out of order here. I have a picture to post from Saturday, but I haven't gotten to a PC to post it yet. I was stranded at the Philly airport overnight last night, and came straight to work this morning. I don't have the cable to my camera here.

This picture is Sunday's picture. This is the church where we had the funeral service for my grandmother's partner of 15 years. He died last week, technically of a stroke, but really of old age.

This is the Laurel Glen Church of the Brethren. I'm not a believer, but if I were I would belong to this church. Google them and learn more, but they are a very interesting denomination. Closely related to the Amish and Mennonites, historic peace church, etc. My mother grew up in that church.

I chose this picture for another reason, too. I think it illustrates one of the reasons I just cannot understand the Catholics. Look at this simple white church. Cinder block walls, no stained glass, no shimmering gold and gems. Simple, the way Jesus would have wanted. This is the way all the country churches are where I come from. Simple, unadorned. I just can't understand the palaces that the Catholics insist on building. Do they not realize that they are an affront to the God they believe in?

No comments:

 
\