Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day 25

I know we're getting a little bit out of order again here, but I had to try to touch up this picture a little bit. This is the memorial for the victims of the Oklahoma City bombing. It is a somber and moving place, much more tasteful and well put together than most of this country's public memorials. It gives me hope that we won't end up with some monstrosity at ground zero.

The picture is taken from one of the two black gates at either end of the site, which represent the innocence before and the pain after the moment of detonation. The main focus of the picture is the empty chairs representing the victims. They are grouped according to the floor on which they died, and the small chairs represent children. It really tugged at the heartstrings.

I'm sorry this is centered, blogger won't let me left align it for some reason.

No comments:

 
\