Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day 111


Yes, that's a bird in our kitchen. The cardboard that blocks the open area next to one of the air conditioners came loose. This bird came in through the gap and wreaked havoc in our household. Pooping in the kitchen, hiding behind the wine rack, flying around to avaid capture. Finally, I snuck up on it while it was perched on a basket. I kept down out of sight and slowly, oh so glacially slowly, moved the basket in front of the window. My theory was that if it couldn't see me, it would think the movement was something akin to a branch swaying in the breeze. Of course, the stupid thing first tried to fly out through the closed half of the window, but after some prodding with the basket and a mop, it found the opening and escaped.

Did I mention that all of this happened before my first cup of coffee? Well, it did.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have absolutely freaked out if I'd been in bed when that bird flew in.

 
\