Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 4


Today's Boston Globe reports that Boston is the third in the nation for road rage. I've gotta say, I'm disappointed. I know I'm doing my part, the rest of you need to step it up. Did you let somebody merge today without flipping them off, yelling, or actually ramming them with your car? Stop that shit, how are we supposed to be number one if you keep that up?

This is a picture of me doing my part to keep Boston driving angry. That's right, I'm going down Centre Street at the height of rush hour taking pictures of myself. This was, ironically, right before I heard the story about road rage on the radio. I really do exemplify the Boston driving ethic. I speed, cut people off, scream obscenities at the other drivers, and never yield an inch.

That being said, I do drive with courtesy. I know that sounds delusional after the last paragraph, but I know when it's my turn and when it's not. I come to a full stop before taking my right on red, let pedestrians cross at crosswalks, follow the rules in rotaries, and never pass on the shoulder. All I ask in return is a little reciprocity.

If people would stop passing me on the shoulder in the rotary I have to go through every morning, my life would be a happier place.

No comments:

 
\